On Jul 24, 2019
With the monsoon rain, the devastating flood of July has killed as many as 18 people in Rautahat alone.
To act in this critical time, ISAP with PWJ has moved towards the flood-affected regions of Rautahat District for Disaster Response providing relief. ISAP and PWJ as responders are dedicated towards helping relieve the suffering of the victims. In Rautahat district, five highly affected municipalities are:
1) Gaur Municipality - 100 % affected ( 3500 + Hhs)
2) Durga Bhagwait RM - 100% ( 2000 + HHs)
3) Rajpur Municipality - 100% (2500+ HHs)
4) Rajdevi Municipality- 100% ( 2500+ HHs)
5) Yamuna Mai RM - 3 wards affected about 700 households.
Note: As per the initial data 80,000 people were displaced damaging 25000 households following the flood but those living in concrete structures have resettled. 5 municipalities mentioned above have suffered maximum damages and the local government is unable to provide relief to the victims. Food, shelter, and sanitation are the major requirements at present.