Want to Lead and help Grow Changing Stories?
Apply for the Position of Co-Leader Now!!!
Who we are and why we need you?
Changing Stories (CS) is a for-impact educational organisation with a team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to build a future where every child in Nepal, regardless of when or where they were born, learn the foundational skills they need to set them on the path to becoming lifelong learners.
We run remedial education courses (REC) for left-behind students in Nepalese public schools, led by locally hired and trained youth. Our RECs help students gain the foundational skills they need to confidently continue their education, as well as help local youth gain access to valuable work, teaching and leadership experience.
CS, founded in January 2017, has successfully completed 5 remedial education courses with our implementing partner Institution for Suitable Actions for Prosperity (ISAP) since it inception, achieving measurable impact on student learning outcomes in collaboration. We are at a point where we want to take CS to the “next level”, and need a passionate and talented individual to help us do just that!
You will be based at the ISAP/CS office in Thapathali, Kathmandu. The job involves frequent travel to and short-term stays in Hetauda, Makwanpur.
The position involves leading Changing Stories alongside René Joehnke, the founder of CS, and growing CS into a reputable and impact-oriented organisation able to effectively serve the children in our remedial education courses, as well as the fellows leading them.
- Manage on-the-ground practicalities related to the setting up and running of our remedial education courses in collaboration with our Local Project Coordinator.
- Ensuring Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives are rigourously implemented.
- Help build an even stronger fellowship model that rightly serves the local youth we employ, giving them opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Assist in setting up an effective fundraising system in Nepal and abroad to fund future scale-ups of our remedial education courses across public schools in Nepal.
The above list is not at all comprehensive, and you will have the freedom to shape your own job responsibilities befitting to your strengths and your desire, in partnership with René.
Our policy is to hire for will rather than skill, but other than a burning desire to help change the stories of public school students, experience in the Nepalese public school sector and/or non-profit sector is preferred, as is previous leadership experience, in any capacity.
1. Love and passion for working with children and youth, as well as long-term commitment to and values aligned with our mission to change the stories of children who both need and deserve better opportunities in life.
2. An approach to your work that is based on humility, eagerness to learn and willingness to take initiative and ultimately help shape the future of Changing Stories.
3. Courage to tackle challenges, where there is no definitive answers.
4. Comfortable in a “get-shit-done” environment, where resources are often limited.
1. Read through our introductory documents here: http://bit.ly/2fbEqKz
2. Contact us at email@example.com, and tell us who you are and why you want to work with us – attach your CV in a PDF file.
3. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis.
Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps.
We can’t wait to hear from you!